Fix: Microsoft Excel cannot insert object

This is for the following messages:

"Cannot insert object" in Excel

{ac9f2f90-e877-11ce-9f68-00aa00574a4f} Class Not Registered.

fm20.dll was unable to register itself in the system registry

If you are getting all 3 of these then you've done some digging to find
this message. The c:\windows\system32\fm20.dll is the wrong version
and doesn't have licensing information for it to register. The simple
fix is to rename the fm20.dll to fm20.dll.old and then reinstall an
Office 2003 application. You probably had the beta version of the a
later Office version and uninstalled it.

If you are getting the first 2 errors, try Clicking, Start, Run...,
excel.exe /regserver. If the errors still persist then try the above.

fm20.dll is not a re-distributable; it must be installed with Office or
another licensed application.

  • Re: install Excel 2003 error on XPe
    ... You should probably register the library manually (copy the mentioned above reg.entries from XP Pro machine where you have Excel ... > XPe image, but I'm not sure if that will be legal problem. ... or maybe I should set something before installing Excel 2003. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • How to approach this?
    ... markbook to record all my pupil data. ... I have pretty much got the register section completed and am now moving ... there a way of getting excel to look at a range, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.misc)
  • Re: Getobject with Excel creates new instance when already running
    ... There is a specific com api sequence by which objects register ... had this problem with Excel and Word in the past. ... On Error GoTo ErrorHandler ... Set objApp = CreateObject ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: Wie kann ich ein Diagramme, eine gestapelte Säule, erstellen?
    ... Diagrammassistenten zu finden sind: ... Register "Datenbereich": ... Jetzt kann ich meine Tabelle wie ich will markieren, ... mein Excel kaputt? ...
    (microsoft.public.de.excel)
  • Re: How to register an event handler when excel opens
    ... I have code to register my class module what I need to do is cause this ... code to execute when Excel starts up sort of like a autoexec. ... >> I have written an event handler to to validate the work book name ... >> event handler register itself when Excel starts. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)