cannont install outlook filter kb905648 Error 1931 & 1402

Installation of the office update kb905648 outlook email filter failed.
i ran decect and repair in outlook and got the following errors:

Error 1931. Setup cannot update file C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Microsoft Shared\SPEECH\1033\SPCPLUI.DLL because it is protected
by Windows. You may need to update your operating system for this
program to work correctly. Contact your Information Technology
department for assistance.

Error 1402. Setup cannot open the registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Setup\Migration
DLLs. Verify that you have sufficient permissions to access the
registry or contact yoiur Information Technology department for
assistance.

I am a one man IT department with ZERO schooling, i told the user he
was screwed :)

We are running XP pro with Outlook 2003. our network is Server 2003,
we run Microsoft Exchanger Server. Let me know if you need any other
information.

Thank you!

  • >>>> SETUP OUTLOOK <<<<
    ... Outlook Express Setup ... Wlm Mail Setup For Outlook 2003 ... Yahoo Setup Vista Microsoft Outlook ...
    (rec.travel.marketplace)
  • Re: Email....what to do part2 :)
    ... I was looking at the setup of outlook on the clients computer. ... IT ACT Houston - ACT Dallas ... >>> on the server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Outlook client setup
    ... I use the user and computer setup wizard just like I always do. ... except they wouldn't install Outlook. ... > Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ... > Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Outlook access to Exchange in different domain
    ... We recently had a customer request ... we setup Exchange access from one site to another site ... password prompts this would cause each time Outlook is launched. ... Setup Trusts (we don't have control or access to Domain B and the IT guy ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Outlook access to Exchange in different domain
    ... Outlook over the Internet but wanted to avoid the constant ... Setup Trusts (we don't have control or access to Domain ... <3) Use Outlook over site-to-site VPN. ... The only concerns we have now is maintaining the host files ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)