Re: How can I replace a broken Office XP Pro disk?

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326246 "How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware".

Grateful wrote:

I had to reformat my hard drive due to an infection. When I started the installation for Office XP Pro on Windows XP Pro, I heard a small explosion sound, and after I pried open my cdrom drive, I had to clean it of pulverized pieces of disk. I have never heard of such a thing. Now I have a key code and no disk. I once copied the disk to have as a backup- but that doesn't autostart and I don't know if it can be used to install manually. I have tried to extract files, but it doesn't seem to see needed files within the same folder. I sure miss my Office! Can anyone help? (I don't have the money to buy a whole new program, cd, keycode, etc.

  • Re: Windows XP hangs on startup after the windows logo shows
    ... XP Pro but instead of booting up fully it went into Setup Mode and wanted my ... XP installation disk. ... tests are built into many hard drives. ...
  • Re: Second XP installation
    ... But what if I make an image disk from my desktop ... A second installation requires a second ... > device ("Workstation Computer"). ... I also have the XP pro installation disk ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Need XP CD to prompt for install/upgrade - goes right to boot
    ... "Windows XP Pro" included. ... The Office XP disk will not. ... A disk for Office will not perform a Windows installation. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Bugcheck 0x7B
    ... Perhaps Win XP Pro might choose not to show you disk with sizes below 1GB. ... > I tried booting the system from the regular XP Pro installation disk and partway through it ... check if on the target you've got hardware RAID support in the BIOS that requires ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • How can I replace a broken Office XP Pro disk?
    ... installation for Office XP Pro on Windows XP Pro, ... pieces of disk. ... tried to extract files, but it doesn't seem to see needed files within the ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)