Re: How can I replace a broken Office XP Pro disk?

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326246 "How to replace lost, broken, or missing Microsoft software or hardware".

Grateful wrote:

I had to reformat my hard drive due to an infection. When I started the installation for Office XP Pro on Windows XP Pro, I heard a small explosion sound, and after I pried open my cdrom drive, I had to clean it of pulverized pieces of disk. I have never heard of such a thing. Now I have a key code and no disk. I once copied the disk to have as a backup- but that doesn't autostart and I don't know if it can be used to install manually. I have tried to extract files, but it doesn't seem to see needed files within the same folder. I sure miss my Office! Can anyone help? (I don't have the money to buy a whole new program, cd, keycode, etc.

.