"This copy of Microsoft Office is not Genuine"....?

I bought a computer three years ago with Office2003 already
installed which has worked perfectly, but just the other day
I get a popup message called "Microsoft Office Genuine
Advantage" which will pop up whenever I start Office, and
which invites me to purchase and validate a copy of
Office2007.

Is this some form of virus?

Also, there is a small star permanently affixed to the
bottom left-hand corner of the screen related to this
problem.

Please help, Frank

  • Problem with Office2003.
    ... I bought a computer three years ago with Office2003 already ... I get a popup message called "Microsoft Office Genuine ... bottom left-hand corner of the screen related to this ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • pop-up message
    ... I just got my daughter's notebook back from HP repair in Cal. ... set it up to work like when you bought it. ... I keep getting a popup message ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Problem with Office2003.
    ... Frank Martin wrote: ... I get a popup message called "Microsoft Office Genuine ... Is this some form of virus? ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Product Key info
    ... Is your copy of Windows genuine? ... Is your Microsoft Office genuine? ... "Jason" wrote: ... | I bought Win XP Pro and Office 2003 software and Volume licenses, ...