Re: Compatibility Pack does not work for IE ?
- From: "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 12:51:47 -0500
I was wondering the same thing.
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
"Gordon" <gbplinux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Environment: Windows Server 2003, SP2; IE 6, SP2; MS Office 2003 and
'Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office'
I'm using Internet Explorer 6, SP2 to access documents (created with MS
Office 2003) on a temporary share all right.
However, there is a problem when I try to access MS Office 2007 documents
on the same share (i.e. IE does not recognize them; thinks it is a zip
NOTE: I did install the 'Compatibility Pack for the 2007 Office' and this
works fine with WINDOWS EXPLORER (i.e. Windows Explorer can read the MS
Office 2007 documents all right).
Windows Explorer won't "read" ANY Office documents by itself - how are you
"reading" them in Windows Explorer?
QUESTION: How to get the IE 6, SP2 (on WIndows Server 2003, with MS
Office 2003) to read the MS Office 2007 documents (just like the Windows
Asking a question?
Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about,
your OS, Service Pack level
and the FULL contents of any error message(s)
- Prev by Date: Using REF field and Macros in Form but unable to protect document
- Next by Date: Re: Purchased office 2007 online Dont have info how to reinstall
- Previous by thread: Re: Compatibility Pack does not work for IE ?
- Next by thread: Re: Compatibility Pack does not work for IE ?