Re: Office 2000 will not go away! :-)

Hi, DL.

I do know the 2000 Pro version had programs that are not included in the
2003 Pro does not include. FrontPage is one example that I can think of.

I no longer have the 2000 CD to try the add/remove feature of the setup
routine.

AS for leaving behind things, if the routine asks if you want to remove
*ALL* previous Office versaions, there should be nothing left behind. That's
the definition of the word "all", and MS should be accountable for letting
new purchasers that only parts of previous versions will be removed.

I don't know about all the folders the installation routine uses, but you
are able to install the files to a folder name of your choosing in the
Program Files folder. In my case, I used the name Microsoff Office 2003, and
that is the folder name in the Program Files folder.

Would you mind giving me the instructions for running the file checker and
viewing the event viewer? And what would I be looking for?

Thanks.

Ken

"DL" wrote:

The 2000 version may have included components that were not included in 2003
version, therefore any upgrade would have left these intact.
Are you able to uninstall 2000 in add/remove dialogue?
PS Office 2003 installs to a version specific folder by default, as does
2007

Your other problems are unlikely to be connected to Office. I'd start by
running the system file checker and looking at your Event Viewer for err's

"Ken Springer" <wordworks.nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I had Office 2000 Pro installed on my computer. I eventually upgraded the
Outlook component to Outlook 2007. To my dismay, my computer just didn't
have the power and speed to handle Outlook 2007.

So I opted to purchase Office 2003 Pro, and tried to installed it keeping
the Office 2000 Pro install. I did this by not using the default program
files folder. It did not work out as well as I had hoped, so eventually I
removed 2003. Then I reinstalled 2003 and had the 2003 install routine
remove all other versions of Office.

But 2000 just doesn't want to go away! LOL I first discovered this when
trying a new web page design program. When the new program starts,
dialogue
boxes come up asking me to insert the Office 2000 SR 1 CD. And now,
starting
IE 8, I got the same dialogue boxes.

So, my thought is something somewhere didn't get removed and/or changed.
think, but I don't know for sure, that these unknown items or settings is
causing issues when on the internet. I now get numberous time outs, page
not
found, and connection errors when on the Internet. This happens with 3
different browsers.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this mess?

Thanks.

  • Re: Office 2000 will not go away! :-)
    ... 2003 Pro does not include. ... Program Files folder. ... that is the folder name in the Program Files folder. ... the Office 2000 Pro install. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Upgraded hard drive - how to move files from old one?
    ... I currently have XP Pro, ... > XP Pro on the 80GB drive, use the File and Settings Transfer Wizard ... > "Access is Denied" Error Message When You Try to Open a Folder ... will need to install whatever programs you desire from the programs' ...
  • Re: Not accessible on home network
    ... Since you say it is a new install of XP Pro, you need to check if it is ... Tools -- Folder Options ... Scroll to the bottom and uncheck "Use simple file sharing" ...
  • Reclaiming My Documents and Settings folder in XP
    ... 'Documents and Settings' folder on the C: drive, ... I now want to format my C: drive, install XP Pro in it and delete the ...
  • Re: Installing an application on Vista/Win7 with VirtualStore ProgramData
    ... As the last task the Installation script calls my applicaton with some specified parameter, ... Then they write tons of complex restrictions to that folder and second they write tons of complex Virtualizationes etc. so that it looks like apps are running fine now. ... Yet I have no seen the original MS idea about "Safe Windows use when using centralized \Program Files folder use" to come true. ... My answer and solution is simple yet unorthodoxic: Do not install your *DB apps* to Program Files folder at all. ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)