Re: Error 1304

P.S.
You may want to read this article
Error message when you install Office 2000, Office XP, or Works Suite: "Error
1304" or "Error 1305"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321339/en-us

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Ute Fan" <Ute Fan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have been using my XP Small Business 2002 Edition for several years. One
day I tried to open Excel and the Windows Installer started up. I put the CD
in as instructed and asked the program to reinstall/fix errors. After the
reinstall started I got the following error message: Error 1304 writing to
file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared|Office 10\MSO7FTP.exe
verify that you have access to that directory. I tried the retry and got the
same error. The same thing happens with Word. I tried uninstall and
reinstall and got the same thing. What gives? Did Microsoft push down an
update that went bad? How can I fix this?

.