Re: Error 1304

P.S.
You may want to read this article
Error message when you install Office 2000, Office XP, or Works Suite: "Error
1304" or "Error 1305"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321339/en-us

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Ute Fan" <Ute Fan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I have been using my XP Small Business 2002 Edition for several years. One
day I tried to open Excel and the Windows Installer started up. I put the CD
in as instructed and asked the program to reinstall/fix errors. After the
reinstall started I got the following error message: Error 1304 writing to
file C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared|Office 10\MSO7FTP.exe
verify that you have access to that directory. I tried the retry and got the
same error. The same thing happens with Word. I tried uninstall and
reinstall and got the same thing. What gives? Did Microsoft push down an
update that went bad? How can I fix this?

  • Re: error 1311 source file not found when reinstalling Office 03
    ... don't understand why, when trying to reinstall, MSD2003 can't find that file. ... Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ... Windows installer started to play up. ... When I tried to reinstall MSO 03 but got the following error message: ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Office 2003 installation error - MVP needed
    ... The error messages told me to reinstall the program. ... Microsoft Office Setup did not complete successfully. ... An error message occurred during the ... By the way, I've tried repeated to install Office 2003, and even with ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: error 1311 source file not found when reinstalling Office 03
    ... Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ... The solution was to rename the old MSO Folders using regedit, then reinstall ... Windows installer started to play up. ... When I tried to reinstall MSO 03 but got the following error message: ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: Office wouldnt open
    ... reinstall, now when i try to install office 2004 i get a error message and ... how i can install office cheers ... problem-causing files. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office)
  • RE: Access Denied - Msconfig Startup Changes
    ... If you have the CD with the software on It you uninstall and reinstall any ... Update manager by Dell on your Computer and look for all updates and install ... One of Dell's solutions to the PCMService.exe error message was to uncheck ... Microsoft Accounting software and Business contacts thru Outlook installed on ...