Re: current printer is unavailable

Folks in the Publisher group were having the same problem. Our workaround was to
to select a different default printer in the Printer Folder. When ready to print
the document select your preferred printer within the application. This seemed
to cure the issue. Our posters were then able to go back to the Printer Folder
and correct the default printer preference.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Mattps" <Mattps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Nope, checked that as well.

Thanks,
Matt

"Bob I" wrote:

Also can you see anything in the Update logs or patch installed dates
corresponding to the start of the problem?

Mattps wrote:

Bob - This is one of the patches I have tried. However, x64 is not
supported.
DL - Thank you, I will give it ago. I have tried running Excel in safe mode
"excel /s" but the problem still occurs.

"DL" wrote:

I must confess the only problem I've ever experienced with a network
printer
has not been specific to Office 2007
I know its a pain, but maybe try booting to safe mode with networking and
test excel again.
Another option might be to try running excel through this
http://www.dependencywalker.com/ (An MS program) and see if it can locate
the error

"Mattps" <Mattps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

When i say common, I mean if you Google there error you get a large amount
of
people getting the same error but unable, like me to find a resolution.

"Bob I" wrote:

You say "common problem" in your initial post. What info is "common"
between the folks that have it?

Mattps wrote:

No, it seems to be an intermittent problem, one minute working, next
not. The
only way I can clear the error is to reboot. Restarting the spooler
services
on Client/Server have no effect.

"Bob I" wrote:

Odd, perhaps there is something configured in Excel for the printer
that
it doesn't support? Can you replicate the problem at will?

Mattps wrote:

I can still access the network (tested with Outlook and Internet). I
am able
to print for every other application, including other MS apps like
Word.

"DL" wrote:

Are you able to print from Notepad?
Or from your printer driver/software, test print?

"Mattps" <Mattps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Thanks Bob,

There are no USB devices connected and it is a network printer that
I am
try
to print to.

Kind regards,
Matt

"Bob I" wrote:

Perhaps you have a USB attached printer and the Power Management on
your
PC is turning off the USB port? Try Device Manager, navigate to the
USB
items, look in Properties, and then look on the Power Management
tab for
"Allow computer to turn off to save power" and UNcheck it.

Mattps wrote:

Office 2007, normally Excel intermittantly displays freezes then
displays
"current printer is unavailable" whenever I try and print.

I have tried all the usual:

Reinstalled the printer driver
Installed the driver locally
Reset the regional settings
Installed all security updates for the OS
Installed all Office updates
Repaired installation of Office
Uninstalled and re-installed Office installation

All draw a blank and I keep getting this error message. It seems
to be
comman problem with Office 2007 but I have been unsuccessful in
finding
anyone who has found a solution.

  • Re: current printer is unavailable
    ... "Bob I" wrote: ... Mattps wrote: ... Or from your printer driver/software, ... Uninstalled and re-installed Office installation ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: current printer is unavailable
    ... "Bob I" wrote: ... Mattps wrote: ... Another option might be to try running excel through this ... Uninstalled and re-installed Office installation ...
    ... "Mattps" wrote in message ... "Bob I" wrote: ... Another option might be to try running excel through this ... Uninstalled and re-installed Office installation ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: current printer is unavailable
    ... Mattps wrote: ... "Bob I" wrote: ... Uninstalled and re-installed Office installation ... All draw a blank and I keep getting this error message. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: current printer is unavailable
    ... Bob - This is one of the patches I have tried. ... Another option might be to try running excel through this ... Or from your printer driver/software, ... Uninstalled and re-installed Office installation ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)