Re: office 2003 - install with no disc drive

A second alternative is to purchase a cheap (<$25) USB Optical drive. You
may find you need to install additional programs over time.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, lexy asked:

| Hope someone can help. I have just purchased a new laptop, which does
| not have a disc drive. However I have got Office 2003 that I
| purchased for my old pc that I would like to put on my new laptop. I
| have the disc (obviously not much good without a disc drive) and also
| have the product key. The man at the shop told me that I would be
| able to down load it and put my product key in or just copy it on to
| a memory stick and transfer. I have tried both, but with no success.
| Is there any way of getting Office from one pc to the other.
|
| Thank you in advance.

  • Re: Im told I cant Upgrade?
    ... JoAnn nor myself are Microsoft employees so any money to be ... Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ... | Held off my purchase of Office 2007 until I confirm their statements. ... || purchased a new laptop with VISTA. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: Im told I cant Upgrade?
    ... Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ... | Held off my purchase of Office 2007 until I confirm their statements. ... Office 2007 upgrade editions will accept the CD of an Office ... || purchased a new laptop with VISTA. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: Im told I cant Upgrade?
    ... Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] ... || Held off my purchase of Office 2007 until I confirm their statements. ... Office 2007 upgrade editions will accept the CD of an Office ... ||| purchased a new laptop with VISTA. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • Re: Pending Funeral
    ... I think we're going to have a problem with all my wife's purchased games since she bought them online and, knowing her, if there were any Product keys I'm sure she didn't record them. ... If I purchase another laptop I'd like to be able to transfer her ... Use the installation media and product keys/serial numbers for the various programs you/your wife has purchased over the years to install the applications/games/etc onto the new laptop. ... What you should do is purchase the new laptop, determine what you need off the old laptop and install the software you need on the new laptop in order of priority for you/your wife. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Activation limit reached
    ... MVP - Microsoft Office ... Can I purchase another key to activate it on my laptop or would I have to ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)