Re: WORD- NOT RESPONDING! (Office Home & Student)

Well, I did the repair on the website you gave me and it seemed to work for
awhile. Then just now Word froze again, and I lost everything I had just
typed. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks!

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924611

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Linda" <Linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
How do I do that?

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

(Good -that means you have your disk.) Have you tried doing a repair?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Linda" <Linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I purchased it separately.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

It wasn't but in knowing that you have Vista, one assumes you've met
Office's requirements. Was Office pre-installed or did you purchase it
separately?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Linda" <Linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I have Vista...is that what you mean?
"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Yes, if you are doing any sort of work, even if it's for a
non-profit
group,
it's violating the license. You would need one of the other
editions
of
Office to be compliant.

Does you system meet/exceed the requirements needed for Office
2007?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Linda" <Linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

I had no idea I was violating the license! I'm not even sure
what
that
means. Do I need to use regular Microsoft Office?

No, it has never worked properly. I've had it since November,
2007.
had
always thought I just had to live with it, so I never questioned
it.
(I
just
started working as an MT.) Do I need to replace it or something?
Thanks
for
your help!

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Since you mentioned the version, you are violating the license
by
doing
transcription work. That's why it says "non-commercial use".

Has it ever worked properly?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Linda" <Linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Well, the screen freezes right in the middle of typing and at
the
top
of
the
screen it will say "Microsoft Noncommercial Use Not
Responding"
and
have
"X" out of Word and restart Word. And I do save my work, but
it
occurs
just
about every 5 to 10 minutes. I am a medical transcriptionist
and
need
Word
to work correctly. I don't know what to do?

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Well, one thing will help a little - save often. Without more
details,
don't think we'd be able to help correct the issue.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Linda" <Linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
In the middle of typing a document in word, it says "not
responding."
So,
everything I have just typed is lost. It only happens in
while
I'm
in
Word.