Re: Office 2007 Icons Gone?

Try running diagnostics/repair (Office button, [App-name] Options, Resources

In article <5BAEA905-8F88-4204-8B28-4DC65689B0AB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Stuart Dole
wrote:
Recently all the Office 2007 application and shortcut icons have reverted to
"generic", as well as document icons. Everything still seems to work OK.
What's up? I tried to change the icons in some of the shortcuts, but the
"change icon" button was dimmed and didn't work. In the "Program Files"
folder the actual applications still seem to have their icons, but nowhere
else in the system.

The only thing that might have changed is that I also recently upgraded my
hard drive (you would have too!), using Western Digital's application for
migrating to the new drive. Office (and Outlook!) run much faster, but
disguised as generic...

How to get the icons back?

Thanks & happy trails,
Stuart

--
Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP
PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com

  • Re: increase size of icons on toolbar
    ... >>> buttons the face icons on the buttons remain the same size. ... >> Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP ... >> PPT FAQ: www.pptfaq.com ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Need help in customizing PowerPoint 2007 ribbon
    ... by thrashing aorund - it has not only words but pictures! ... use all those other Widnows icons that were available in 2003. ... reading somewhere that they don't work properly on the ribbon so are off-limits. ... Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Addin Icons Path
    ... and i have some icons to upload for one of the ... How do you intend to use the icons? ... plz give me the best or the general solution for this ... Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Objects within Power Point
    ... couple of objects that appear as a word icons and ... the icons work and the documents open up ... Rightclick the document's icon and choose Action Settings from the popup menu. ... Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Office 2007 Icons Gone?
    ... and even after a system restart my ... the icons in the quick start tray are generic ... Most other apps have their proper icons. ... Steve Rindsberg, PPT MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)