Re: Downgrade rights for Microsoft Volume (Select) License

Hi William,

A license downgrade is using a prior version rather than a lower product in the same version series. You may want to call the folks
at MS through http://microsoft.com/licensing on acquiring/using licenses for Office Pro 2007 if you don't intend to install the
additional apps that make it Pro Plus.

=======
<<"will~" <will@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:92B5D25C-FBA2-4696-A802-71484C65A65A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Carey,

Thank you for your quick reply. In the document, it shows that "Downgrade
rights are granted with all applications software licenses acquired through
the Select License and Open License programs." but I am still not sure if I
could use the Office Professional 2007 with a Office Professional Plus 2007
license.

An extract of the document shows ... "Downgrade rights in the Volume
Licensing programs provide customers with the right to downgrade to any prior
version of the same product. Therefore, Microsoft Office Professional
Enterprise 2003 can be downgraded to the Microsoft Office XP, Office XP 2000,
Office XP 97, Office XP 95, or Office XP 4.3 versions. You would not,
however, be able to downgrade to Microsoft Office Standard Edition 2003 as
that is a different product and not considered a previous version of
Microsoft Office Professional Enterprise Edition 2003."

Does the Office Professional 2007 considered as a different product to
Office Professional Plus 2007, and therefore, not be able to downgrade. Or
would the *Plus* version considered as a newer version so it can be
downgraded?

Many thanks for your time to clarifying this for me.

kind Regards,

William >>
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

  • Re: Hard disk crash, rebuild with Vista Premium ?
    ... MS) but there used to be thing called a downgrade license so you'd only ... The downgrade is available for Vista Ultimate and Vista Business ... "Rights to OEM versions of systems software are granted in the OEM ... Business and Windows Vista Ultimate operating ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Re: Vista downgrade to XP process using a Volume License Media
    ... state that any XP media and valid license will be ... Vista PID after you installed it using the key since the Vista PIDs does ... You install, you're covered under the license, you're done - though I'd ... separately for *every* system you want to downgrade. ...
  • Re: Downgrade XP to 2K
    ... But Win XP offers me not security as 2K used to do, so I'm wondering if I could downgrade XP to 2K, if this is possible, should I have to buy a new license or my License of XP works for 2K?? ... I hope both answers be optimistics, that i can downgrade and License no problems... ... To replace WinXP with an earlier OS, you'll have to boot from the appropriate boot disk, format the hard drive, and install. ... Simply boot from the Win2K installation CD. ...
  • Re: Downgrade from XP Pro to 2000 Pro?
    ... System licenses acquired via the OEM channel follow rights ... PCs licensed for Windows XP ... >OEM licenses do not typically grant downgrade rights. ... >Microsoft® Select, Open, OEM and FPP License Product ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Licensing
    ... Which 2007 Microsoft Office system suites are eligible to downgrade to Office 2003 suites? ... Customers who have licensed Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 are eligible to downgrade to Office Professional Enterprise 2003 and all previous versions as described above. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)