RE: UAC Causing "has not been installed for the current user" Error
- From: "Patrick Schmid [MVP]" <pdschmid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 23:15:54 +0000
Have you tried running Office Diagnostics with UAC on?
Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
Office 2007 RTM Issues: http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/11/13/80
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
RibbonCustomizer Add-In: http://pschmid.net/office2007/ribboncustomizer
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed
"Dr. Lloyd Makarowitz" <DrLloydMakarowitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:0AC58F07-A24E-4A93-818D-B036428EEFDE@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:
I have the identical problem, and I did not change anything when it started
happening. One day, Office 2007 started properly, then next day, I had to
turn off UAC. I have searched for solutions on line, but no one has found
> I have a new PC running Vista 64. Whenever I try to run any Office 2007
> program (like Outlook), I get the message "Microsoft Outlook has not been
> installed for the current user. Please run setup to install the application."
> It works okay when I turn UAC (User Account Control) off. I have tried
> removing the trial Office that came with the PC and Internet Security and
> reloaded Office several times, but it still happens. No other errors are
> noted on the PC.
> Does anybody know how to find out why Office 2007 chokes when UAC is on?
> The PC vendor's solution was to reload the system with the system restore
> disk. :-(
- Prev by Date: Re: someone suggested that I use binding! haven't got a clue help!
- Next by Date: Re: someone suggested that I use binding! haven't got a clue help!
- Previous by thread: Outlook problem with relative links in HTML e-mail (outbind)
- Next by thread: RE: UAC Causing "has not been installed for the current user" Erro