Re: how do i use dots to space out text evenly (ellipses but longer)?

Leader characters, see the following in Help.
Set tab stops and insert tabs that have leader characters

beccalouise wrote:

I am trying to make a program. This is what I am typing:

First part......................Person's name

But I want to make the "first part" be all the way at the left, and the "person's name" all the way at the right of the page, separated by the dots. And I want to make each line beneath it match up. I do not know what these dots are called, not do I know how to do it!!

  • Re: Lining up periods
    ... See Help, Leader Characters, Set tab stops and insert tabs that have leader characters ... PammyPooh58 wrote: ... Notice the problem with the Payroll taxes lineup. ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: lead in dots in document - what are they called?
    ... They're called "leaders", and you set them in the Format> Tabs dialog, ... where you set tab stops. ... Jay Freedman ... What exactly do you call these dots? ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)