Re: Is it possible to password protect 'My Documents' + subfolders?

If you are using Windows XP:

HOW TO: Set the My Documents Folder as "Private" in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/298399/en-us

You Cannot Select the "Make This Folder Private" Option
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307286/en-us

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Gilly" wrote:

| I need to be able to protect at a high lelvel 'My Documents' to prevent my
| children accessing them. Is this possible, if so, how,
|
| Thanks
|
| Gill

  • Re: private folders
    ... The "Make this folder private" option requires the NTFS file system. ... Windows XP - Shell/User ... Set the My Documents Folder as "Private" in Windows XP ...
  • Re: Protecting Folder in External Hard drive
    ... You would have to set permissions to do that. ... folder private will only exist when the folder is under your user account ... Set, View, Change, or Remove File and Folder Permissions in Windows ... Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone ...
  • Re: Undo "make files and folders private"
    ... How to undo "Make this folder private" option ?: ... Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User] ... result the share option for my user account is greyed out. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Everyone can view My Documents!
    ... Always store beer in a dark place. ... -- RAH ... I upgraded my computer from Windows ME to Windows ... > Sharing but the 'Make this folder private' box cannot be ...
  • Re: lock folders
    ... Set the My Documents Folder as "Private" in Windows XP ... You Cannot Select the "Make This Folder Private" Option ...