Re: Compatibility Office 2000 Pro and Windows XP
- From: garfield-n-odie <garfieldnodie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 11:04:03 -0800
Office 2000 runs just fine on Windows XP. But...
If your copy of Office 2000 is an OEM version (that is, it came preinstalled on your old computer by the computer manufacturer), then you cannot transfer it to any other computer.
If your copy of Office 2000 is a retail boxed version, then you should be able to install it on your new computer.
You can read the End User License Agreement that applies to your copy of Office by starting Word and clicking on Help | Microsoft Word Help | Contents | <expand the "Microsoft Word Help" category> | End User License Agreement. The "Grant of License" section tells you the number and type of computers you can install your copy of Office on.
Can I instal Office 2000 Professional from my previous computer - I have disks - on my new computer operating Windows XP.
- Prev by Date: Re: how do you prevent extraneous styles from becoming embedded?
- Next by Date: Re: MS Publisher
- Previous by thread: Re: how do you prevent extraneous styles from becoming embedded?
- Next by thread: Re: two versions of XP on one computer