Re: Automatic Updates

If you click "Details..." for that update you can eventually get to
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/905867
It explains that the date on a specific dll which both Access and Excel use
is what prompts the "false" update. The article says the workaround is to
not install the update if you don't have Access 2002/XP installed. (i.e.,
check "Don't show this again", I guess)

It doesn't say what happens if you accept the update, but I doubt it would
be anything terrible.

HTH,
--
George Nicholson

Remove 'Junk' from return address.

"einie" <dayt7676@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi Bob:
>
> Thanks for responding. I did not find Access Runtime or Access Snapshot
> Viewer in Add/Remove programs. In addition, I couldn't find either one in
> My Computer or in Search from the Start Menu. Any other ideas?
>
> Ron
>

> "Bob Buckland ?:-)" <75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com> wrote
> in message news:e6yFEmL1FHA.3856@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Hi Ron,
>>
>> Do you have an Access Runtime on the PC perhaps or the Access Snapshot
>> Viewer (in Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel)?
>>
>> =================
>> <<<"einie" <dayt7676@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> I have Windows XP Home Edition with all the updates and Office XP-Student
>> and Teacher Edition with all the updates. This version of Office does not
>> include Access as I understand it but today the automatic update feature
>> wants to to download an update for Access 2002. Does anyone know what's
>> going on?
>>
>> Ron >>
>> --
>> Bob Buckland ?:-)
>> MS Office System Products MVP
>>
>> *Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends*

  • Re: Automatic Updates
    ... Viewer (in Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel)? ... I have Windows XP Home Edition with all the updates and Office XP-Student ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: CiceroUIWndFrame: Winword.exe bad image
    ... Are you using the Speech or Handwriting features of Office XP? ... in Add/Remove Programs in the Windows control panel check the Microsoft Office XP listing and in the Office XP Add/Remove ... to, would this file be found on my Office XP installation diskette, which I ...
  • Re: Office 2007 Problem
    ... Did you uninstall the Office 2007 Professional edition trial from Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel, ... installing the Office 2007 Standard edition and then restart the PC? ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: microsoft office document imaging in office 2007
    ... In Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control panel, Open the Office 2007 Professional choice and see if the MS Office Document ... and there is no MODI anywhere among "Other Programs". ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Error when printing to MS Office Document Image Writer (mdigra
    ... Have you run a Repair/Reinstall of Microsoft Office 2003 from Add/Remove Programs in the Windows control panel? ... Office 2003, SP2 ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)