Re: Automatic Updates

If you click "Details..." for that update you can eventually get to
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/905867
It explains that the date on a specific dll which both Access and Excel use
is what prompts the "false" update. The article says the workaround is to
not install the update if you don't have Access 2002/XP installed. (i.e.,
check "Don't show this again", I guess)

It doesn't say what happens if you accept the update, but I doubt it would
be anything terrible.

HTH,
--
George Nicholson