Oracle rollback in VBA

Hi,

I'm doing a project involving a Oracle database with an MS Access
application as front-end written in VBA.
I want to use specific Oracle calls like rollback and commit within
this application. I know I can use passthrough queries for this, but if
I define one with SQL property 'rollback' it produces an Oracle
failure.

my code:

Public Sub Rollback()
Dim psq As QueryDef
Dim strsql As String

Set psq = CurrentDb.CreateQueryDef("passthrough")
psq.Connect = globalConnectString
strsql = "rollback;"
psq.SQL = strsql
psq.ReturnsRecords = False
psq.Execute
psq.Close

End Sub

thanks in advance.

greetings,
Erik.

p.s. the globalconnectstring connects to oracle (this works in other
places).

  • SUMMARY, part 2, Semaphore Error
    ... The real problem was that, under Oracle-8, I had manually configure rollback ... tried many times to tweak the memory settings, pool sizes, redo retension, etc. ... space on the rollback tablespace never went over 2GB, ... Oracle using the OLTP template, and did minor tweaking to the SGA sizing to give ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Re: deinstallation of patch question
    ... I know I should have backed up oracle home before applying patch 17!!! ... run patch 17 rollback script followed by patch 13 rollback script ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • Re: is it possible to undo one of the last transactions?
    ... we have a distributed system which is based on a Oracle Database 10g, ... transactions were executed by the distributed processes in DB: ... use the rollback command if the transaction hasn't been committed. ...
    (comp.databases.oracle.server)
  • RollbackTransaction is not working with Oracle .Net Data Provider
    ... Could any one pls tell me how this rollback transaction works. ... I'm using Oracle 8.1.7 client and the server is Oracle 7.3 ... Dim trnOra As OracleTransaction ...