Dolby AC3 (2000)

I am trying to play a movie using Windows Media player and I can't seem to do
it.

When I load the video in WMP it says "acquiring codec", then "codec
acquired" then when it tries to play there is a little white x inside a red
circle with the title of the movie. When I click on that and can see error
details I go to web help, and the windows site tells me that:

"Windows Media Player Error Message Help
You've encountered error message C00D10D1 while using Windows Media Player.
The following information might help you troubleshoot the issue.
Codec is missing
Windows Media Player cannot play the file (or cannot play either the audio
or video portion of the file) because the Dolby AC3 (2000) codec is not
installed on your computer.
The missing codec might be available to download from the Internet. To
search for the Dolby AC3 (2000) codec, see WMPlugins.com"

I try going to that site but I can't find the download I need. There are AC3
1.50a, AC3 1.46 stable and I don't know what I need. I thought I needed Dolby
AC3 (2000) but I don't see it there. I don't understand how WMP 10 finds the
codec, and the sound still doesn't play. Why does that happen? What is wrong
with my WMP? Is said acquiring, and then acquired, but no changes are made.

Any help that could be provided would be great.

  • Re: SOME mp3 files dont play in Windows Media Player - others pla
    ... previous PC used a different, more fault tolerant, codec to play the files ... over the years with any version of WMP. ... I finally noticed that the track play times displayed in Explorer were ... MP3 CODECs are all 3rd party products and those ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: 0xC00D1197: Cannot play the file
    ... >> WMP 9 for Milleniium will not play any of my Cd's, ... >>Windows Media Player cannot find the specified file. ... Nothing other than a Monitor card ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • WMP wont play visuals on any avis - W98SE and WMP ver 9
    ... and did a virgin install of everything. ... me there is an error in downloading a codec, ... CLJR is needed to play the file. ... ALL file types which can be played with WMP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Media player 11 - vista - m4a files
    ... It should be possible to play most m4a files in WMP 11 using ... one of the various AAC codecs (e.g. the Orban one mentioned below, ... AAC codec, there is exactly ONE directshow filter which can play Apple ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Using an External Hard Drive
    ... can only reveal on Now Playing the files in one of the folders on E: ... I've been trying for some time to play them using Windows Media Player, ... No Tom E. WMP is open on the Library tab with Playlists and Library ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)