Re: Windows (all apps) can't play .asf files!!

Uninstalling wouldn't be necessary here. What advantage were you trying to
gain there? I deliberately didn't mention/recommend that because it
wouldn't be necessary.

Reinstalling won't typically fix up random issues, but if you feel that it's
some sort of deleted file, then a simple reinstall of WMP would verify that
theory.

--
Windows Media Development Team (speaking for myself only)

"Manuel S." <ManuelS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi again zachd:

Well, the problem is that wmp isn't very easy to uninstall... In the
uninstall applet it's disabled and I tried downloading it from ms and
install
that package. Nothing happened. Probably I need to remove it completely
and
try again - how?

PD.- About windows media connect: I could finally remove it: the problem
was
I had to "stomp" it by disabling roll back and making a defective
uninstallation. Then I run the installer for fixing what I broke and then
it
was possible to uninstall completely. Maybe I have to do something similar
wmp?

"zachd [ms]" wrote:

It's possible that that stomped on/deleted WMP files. Does reinstalling
fix
it for you?

--
Windows Media Development Team (speaking for myself only)
rights.

"Manuel S." <ManuelS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi, Zachd:

Ok, I have WMP10, and no: asf don't play in wmp2, nor real player, nor
winamp, even applications (games) that use asf files cant play them.
Other
files (wmv, mpeg, avi, mov...) can be played properly.
Maybe I deleted something when I uninstalled a video converter?

thans for your help!!!

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

What version of WMP?
Do they work in mplayer2.exe?
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#isolate

--
Windows Media Development Team (speaking for myself only)
rights.
--
"Manuel S." <ManuelS@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi:
I have win xp home sp2, I bought the PC 1 month ago, and suddenly,
.asf
files can't be played (maybe any application I uninstalled?)

windows media player says: "WMP can't play the file. Maybe WMP
doesn't
accept the file type or the codec used to compress the file
(C00D1199:
file
can't be played)"

winamp doesn't play anything - skips the file

realplayer repeats wmp error.

other applications that shold play asf files (like games) don't play
them
but don't say any error.

Any idea?

.