Re: Dual Streaming Synchronization

OK well it should be possible to syncronise the two if they're both
video files (it would be quite hard, by comparison, to sync a video
and a powerpoint).

However, have you considered Producer for Powerpoint ?

It will make the encoding process simpler, though afaik you can't use
it to live video, it will create both the slides and camera input into
a web page for you .... just a thought :

I've got a lot of concern about using the digital to analog to digital
to compressed video with the steps you detailed below, you're sure to
lose a lot of quality and your screen captures may become impossible
to view text ;-)

It might be worth instead looking at running both powerpoint *and* the
encoder on the presenters laptop, with the encoder using the *screen
capture* profile to capture and encode the entire screen digitally.
You'd also have less wires, though you might need a faster laptop.

Cheers - Neil

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 15:02:38 -0400, "vsta" <vsta2005@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Hi Neil,
>
>Thanks for the info, that's great help from you. To confirm to you the
>#Screen Capture# is the video signal from the 15 pin Mini D-Sub video
>connection of the presenter laptop's screen. We use 2 intermediate devices
>to translate that into S-Video, then from S-Video to USB 2.0 which will then
>connected to the encoder that encode the signal to the stream server.
>
>Presenter's laptop ---> D-SubToS-Video ---> S-VideoToUSB2.0 --->
>Encoder ---> Stream server
>
>vsta
>
>"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 12:30:33 -0400, "vsta" <vsta2005@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> >Hello All,
>> >
>> >We have clients that open a web page which embbed 2 video stream, one for
>> >the presentor and the other for his laptop screen capture (of the
>presentor
>> >presentation).
>> >
>> >How do we go about to have the 2 streams synchronize on the clients
>> >computer? Or at least reduce the gap between the 2 streams to an
>acceptable
>> >time period says 2 - 3 seconds?
>>
>> This is going to be quite hard to do (although as you say, it doesn't
>> have to be a precise zero-second delay)
>>
>> You would have to introduce some sort of javascript interlock between
>> the two streams so that Stream B waits for Stream A to begin, then
>> Stream A is paused until Stream B buffers and begins. You may find
>> this introduces a 'deadlock' where Stream A continues to wait for
>> Stream B to load only to find Stream A then buffers, making Stream B
>> wait. It would have to be programmed carefully and tested under
>> different network conditions.
>>
>> You may also run into problems with buffering in re-synchronising the
>> streams if one begins to buffer and the other continues to play.
>>
>> To confirm, the #screen capture# is coming from windows media encoder,
>> and the presentation is a separate, pre-formed Powerpoint file ? Or is
>> the presentation a .wmv video file streamed from a media or web
>> server?
>>
>> Cheers - Neil

  • Windows Encoder 9 series streaming problem
    ... I am trying to stream a screen capture video and audio onto a server online ... To attempt to stream the video portion I ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.encoder)
  • Re: VMR Mixing Mode and Seeking Problem
    ... decoder's output pin, and called SetStreamActiveState*before* ... passing BeginFlush downstream to the VMR. ... the VMR connected to the 2nd video stream has ...
  • Re: Testing the Dealextreme ET411 GPS module
    ... OTOH, *video* just requires the ... It is basically a data stream holding bitmaps. ... so it could also do DVD. ... I constructed a simple picture manipulation language 'PPML', ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Digital Signage, Multimedia Steaming etc.
    ... A full featured video editing software is a major undertaking imo. ... However if you need to stream different video streams to each client, ... simultanious clients is no small task. ... 4.There will be 5-10 distribution servers. ...
  • Re: Stream DVDs with full dolby digital from vob files possible? (extenders?)
    ... stream to some device.. ... DVD or more than 60 hours of HD video from your camera. ... when i switch to the tv in the livingroom, ... if i were stuck using a keyboard out in the living ...
    (alt.video.dvd)