live stream through media server is pretty delayed, how can i reduce it?
- From: "Farooq Khan" <farooq.khan@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 17:39:20 -0400
i have a scenario, where live stream is little more engaging - the presenter would run surveys along with the live camera feed or pop up quizes, sort of thing. and this ofcourse needs to be very timely (perhaps not more than 2-3 seconds delayed). To do all that i have used Media Encoder SDK 9 to encode the stream from camera, add the forms/quizes instructions and push them out to my custom player (on silverlight) through Media Server 08.
But now when i run it, i experience a delay over the LAN of like 15-20 seconds which is really long. comparing this delay with other sites like mogulus.com, this looks fairly huge and makes the whole idea impractical. This delay is when i have already done following
- have setup encoder profile to just do 1 second buffer
- have disabled buffering on the publishing point on media server
- have set buffering time in the silverlight medialpayer to just 1 second
as i said, somehow still getting that 15-20 seconds delay. To see if it's taking longer during the encode i had my encoding application show me the PostView from my video source, directly (rather than through stream server), which is almost instantaneous. I really need help on this. Following is some related information
My encoding profile specs are
Frame size = 320 x 240
FPS = 20
Total Bit rate = 145kbps approx (100 video + 32 audio + 4 script + 8 overhead)
Video Codec = WMV 9
Audio Codec = WMA 9.2
The encoding machine is a 2.0 duo core 64 bit with 3 GB RAM laptop. Stream server is a quad core 2.8 ghz 64 bit with 4 GB RAM.
- Prev by Date: Receiving continuity errors while trying to catch mpeg streams
- Next by Date: Re: live enconding to Windows Server 2008 Cluster
- Previous by thread: Receiving continuity errors while trying to catch mpeg streams
- Next by thread: Re: live stream through media server is pretty delayed, how can i reduce it?