Re: Keeping a publishing point up and running

So I may have found an issue with your solution. It seems to work swimmingly with Unicast, when I point my media player to the "slave" Media Server I see the streaming video, I then stop the encode and on the "master" Media Server it switches over to a picture (or another video) and that shows up in my media player just fine. But when I set up a Multicast things don't work at all. I run the Multicast Announcement Wizard on the "slave" Media Server and point it at the "master" Media Server (I chose "Remote Publishing Point" and use a rtsp://servername/pubpoint address.) I can then launch the ..ASX file and watch the Multicast stream fine, but as soon as I stop the encoder the Multicast stream errors out and doesn't switch to the picture (if I have a Unicast stream going at the same time the Unicast stream shows the picture but the Multicast bombs out.) If I go onto the server and stop and restart the publishing point I get an Error Code: 0xc00d006b (Error Description: The publishing point cannot be started because the server does not have the appropriate stream formats. Use the Multicast Announcement Wizard to create a new announcement for this publishing point.) It seems that Multicasting is unhappy if I change up the media type on it (from encoding to JPG.) I've tried Googleing for Multicast encoder failover but I'm not finding anything. Is there any way to work around this?

Thanks again for your help.

Brad

"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" <neil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:agrl73l8ui5nk0i62ef6t7goog8hbjkpt1@xxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:54:17 -0700, "Brad Martin" <brad@xxxxxxxxxxx>