Re: Unable to stream content over a multicast network

And when you created the nsc file you specified this file as the source as well?

"Siddhartha Goenka" <SiddharthaGoenka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message news:95E0B30C-F1D9-405B-8B44-EB530D3298CC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am specifying a video file (.wmv) to source.
--
Enjoy inventing

"Mike Lowery" wrote:

"Siddhartha" <Siddhartha Goenka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I am trying to stream a video playlist over a multicast network. For that i
created a Pubilishing point with multicast enabled. Then i ran the
Multicast
Announcement Wizard to create the .nsc and .asx files. After that when i
tried to start the publishing point, it shows the following error:

"The publishing point cannot be started because the server does not have
the
appropriate stream formats. Error Code: 0xc00d006b"

What is the problem?

What file(s) are you specifying for a source?

  • Re: Multicasting and the Multicast Announcement Wizard
    ... Is there anyway to decrypt an NSC file, ... what I'm doing with my Windows Media Servers is ... Unicasts the stream to multiple WMS in different locations. ... multicast the live speech to the people in that location. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.server)
  • Re: Multicasting and the Multicast Announcement Wizard
    ... As a quick refresher, what I'm doing with my Windows Media Servers is encoding a live speech, sending that encode to a central server that then Unicasts the stream to multiple WMS in different locations. ... If I run the Multicast Announcement Wizard and then make a small change to the way the stream is encoded then the Multicast servers won't stream anymore and I have to run the Multicast Announcement Wizard once again on each server. ... I don't know why Microsoft didn't just embed the nsc file information within the stream itself eliminating the need for them. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.server)
  • How can receive the stream in multicast format??
    ... You'll need to announce your multicast. ... NSC file to be generated (and if you chose the right ... then the client will join the multicast. ... the packets come out ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.server)
  • Re: nsc files
    ... > We've got several encoders and media servers at various physical sites. ... > multicasting video coming from encoders at each site, ... > an nsc file on one server that will work with another server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.server)
  • can not see multicast stream on MS media service 9
    ... WMP9 player does support multicast. ... You did right in generating the multicast NSC file. ... file share for the client to pick up). ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.server)