Re: VBA script to send a filename (drive/path) and launch to play WMP

From: "hayashi"

[...]
But I don't know where to get these syntax and its
parenthesis/parentheses

The API for WindowsMediaEncoder is documented in the
WindowsMediaEncoder SDK.

The API for WindowsMediaPlayer is documented in the
WindowsMediaPlayer SDK and recent Windows SDK and MSDN
Library.

Appreciate if anyone can direct me with examples/samples
would be a good start.

The SDKs have some samples.

It is not clear how you want to play the file:

- embedded in your own application?

- running a new instance of the standalone player?

The latter is easy enough: just execute wmplayer.exe passing
it the filename on the commandline:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb262178(VS.85).aspx

How to execute external processes depends on the language
you use.

--
// Alessandro Angeli
// MVP :: DirectShow / MediaFoundation