Re: vs.net and media player sdk

Hi,
I drop the media player control on my aspx form from V.S. toolbox but I do
not see any code on the code behind page. V.S. does not generate the code to
instantiate the object. All I am trying to accompolish is to look up the
video file path from data base and setup the media player control to play
that file when the aspx page loads! The SDK clearly says when I drop the
control on my form I should see code in the code behind page.
Thanks,

"Jim Travis [ms]" <jtravis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
The WMP control is a client side control. You need to embed it in your
page using the HTML OBJECT tag.

--
Jim Travis
Microsoft Corp.

Download:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/downloads/list/winmedia.asp

Latest online:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/wmplay10/mmp_sdk/windowsmediaplayer10sdk.asp

Please do not send email directly to this alias as this alias is for
newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no
warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. ©
2006
Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

"RonD" <rdadras@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi,
I installed the windows media player sdk 10 on my developement system
with windows media player 10. I added the media player component to the
tool box of my Visual Studio 2003. When I drop it on a c# asp.net form
visual studio does not create any code on the code page. I added
referrence to WMPLib but no change.
The operating system is windows XP media center edition 2005. Any idea
what I should do? Would the operating system be the reason?

Thanks for any input.

  • Re: Windows Media Player 10
    ... See http://www.zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ... "Silent Treatment" by "Roots" in Windows Media Player 10. ... > get media player control from www.microsoft.com." ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Visualtions
    ... Is there a way to insure that Visualizations are not turned on when an Audio ... file is been played through the Media Player control in a web page? ... ps....Or is it smart enough to suppress visualizations when the display area ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player.web)
  • Media Player In access form
    ... Having a problem using a media player control in access 2000. ... onclick_'open the specified FilePath in the media player control'. ... media player itself to play the clips. ...
    (comp.databases.ms-access)
  • Re: media player control, 2nd try
    ... I guess no one here uses media player on their forms. ... > control on access forms for playing mp3 files? ... >> Anybody use the Windows Media Player Control in Access ... >> name to play in code in the form's onLoad event. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.formscoding)
  • Re: ce emulator missing controls
    ... already built for media player / flash. ... >> Specifically the windows media player control. ...