Re: Access Violation in WMVCORE.DLL ver. 10.0.0.3646

From: Tobia Quantrill (xeres_at_eat.me)
Date: 12/14/04

    Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 10:07:21 +0100

    "Geoff Dunbar [MSFT]" <geoffdu@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:eG5t4oV4EHA.3644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > WMVCORE.dll should be backwards compatible with old versions. Without more
    > information it's really tough to speculate what might be going wrong.
    >
    > Geoff

    Hi Geoff,
        WMVCORE.DLL sould be backwards comaptible, but unfortanetly it's not. I
    didn't have much time to see what is going on here, but I can tell you for
    shore that something is wrong with that dll. After installing version 10, I
    did something for testing only. I removed new WMVCORE.DLL (10.0.0.3646) and
    put version 9.0.0.2980. Our application worked fine again.

    I'll try to provide more information about this...

    > --
    rights.

    > "Tobia Quantrill" <xeres@eat.me> wrote in message
    > > A year ago I wrote some application for capturing. It creates *.WMV
    files.
    > > Everything worked fine until WMP 10 came up. Now, when I start my app,
    an
    > > Access Violation in WMVCORE.DLL message box pops up. I'm not able to
    trace
    > > why or where in my code it happens. All HRESULT return values are S_OK.
    > If,
    > > I use version of WMVCORE.DLL, everything is okay, but with
    > > version 10.0.0.3646 I can't make it work. We use video device based on
    VFW