Re: ripping error

Hi Doobsey - sorry for the late reply, I've been busy with product
launch at work and haven't been on here for weeks ! Owell, summer
round the corner, hope I get a bit of spare time.

If you're missing the "D" drive and expected to see it (bear in mind
it could be a different letter - E, F, G... as long as it has a CD
icon rather than a disk icon), this article may help :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929461

- please head to the "Fix it" link if possible on that page

I tried that but I'm typing this on a windows 2000 machine, which had
IE6 and Firefox 3.6, and the fix it page below doesn't work for me :
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

Otherwise read very carefully the instructions and follow them step by
step to restore your CD drive to windows explorer and media player. As
noted in the article, removing some CD burning software can break the
ability of windows to "see" the CD drive, but the fix is just changes
to remove orphaned settings from the program that was removed.

HTH
Cheers - Neil

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 13:48:01 -0700, Doobsey