Re: Windows Media Player UPnP Client

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 21:11:22 +0530, jhaprer
<jhaprer.3oorrb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

-how can I setup my Media Player 11 to be a client of my D-Link 323 UPnP
server-

I'm trying to figure this out too. According to wikipedia, Media
player 11 can be a 'UPNP client when used on Windows Vista'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UPnP_AV_MediaServers#UPnP_control_point_hardware).

I happen to be running XP. The Wikipedia article seems to imply it
won't work under XP. :-(

It's not only the wikipedia article - the WMP sharing FAQ is quite
firm about this fact too : "Q. What is media sharing?"
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/faq/sharing.mspx#q20:1

XP doesn't have some of the windows libraries that Vista does which
are required for browsing remote libraries (WMP11 was originally only
going to be available for Vista not XP), if that helps understanding.

HTH
Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2009
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs