Re: Windows Media Player UPnP Client

On Sat, 7 Mar 2009 21:11:22 +0530, jhaprer
<jhaprer.3oorrb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

-how can I setup my Media Player 11 to be a client of my D-Link 323 UPnP
server-

I'm trying to figure this out too. According to wikipedia, Media
player 11 can be a 'UPNP client when used on Windows Vista'
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UPnP_AV_MediaServers#UPnP_control_point_hardware).

I happen to be running XP. The Wikipedia article seems to imply it
won't work under XP. :-(

It's not only the wikipedia article - the WMP sharing FAQ is quite
firm about this fact too : "Q. What is media sharing?"
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/faq/sharing.mspx#q20:1

XP doesn't have some of the windows libraries that Vista does which
are required for browsing remote libraries (WMP11 was originally only
going to be available for Vista not XP), if that helps understanding.

HTH
Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2009
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs

  • RE: UPnP DLNA client players for windows
    ... XP can act as a UPnP server but not as a client. ... devices can play its content but you can't play the content of other servers ... media servers, but I can't find any UPnP media players for windows ... WMP11 doesn't seem to act as a client, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Windows Media Player UPnP Client
    ... -how can I setup my Media Player 11 to be a client of my D-Link 323 UPnP ... The Wikipedia article seems to imply it ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Windows Media Player as UPNP Client
    ... I am trying to setup my Windows vista Media Player as an UPNP client. ...
  • Re: View files share by upnp server with windows media player 11, vist
    ... I am able to see the share icon under network, i enabled my upnp media ... sharing in wmp11, but still not able to view the upnp server in wmp11. ... It works just fine in media player and iTunes, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Media Streaming
    ... videos on my network to my Xbox and other PC. ... Is there a upnp or media ... client I can use in linux to stream music when using my laptop. ...
    (Fedora)