Re: Windows Media Player 11 Sharing system
- From: hutson hornet <hutsonhornet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:36:02 -0700
"Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media]" wrote:
On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 17:24:01 -0700, hutson hornet.
how do i turn this system off permanently as it keeps loading even though i
have it off in windows media?. can someone help me turn it off so i know
longer have it load up all the time. thank you for your help and time.
Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services
Scroll down to the "Windfows Media Player Network Sharing Service"
You can initially Stop that, then you can set Startup Type: to
Disabled on startup to prevent it running on your network.
I'm not sure why you want to do this though - is it causing you a
specific problem ?
Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2008
No it's not causing any problems i just though once it was turned off in windows media That it was not suppose to turn on at all. am i right or am i wrong on this as process explorer still shows it loaded even though it's of in windows media. if it is safe to leave on i will do so. But i thought once off is off.
- Prev by Date: Re: WMP 11 smears my photos?
- Next by Date: Re: Windows Media Player - Lighten Videos
- Previous by thread: Re: Windows Media Player 11 Sharing system
- Next by thread: Re: Windows Media Player 11 Sharing system