Media Player cannot find the file

I am operating Media Player Version11.0.5721.5230 on Windows XP service Pack
2.
All of a sudden, none of the .wma song files will open when I try to play
them, and the message below appears:
Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn,
or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that
has been moved, renamed, or deleted.

Any help would be appreciated

  • Re: Missing Codec?
    ... When I open Windows Media Player from my desk top icon, ... PowerPoint is belly up since I can neither play old ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • RE: sound is gone
    ... I have managed to play a CD in WMP10 by switching to analog, ... new media player in the new account works fine. ... Do you know what caused the sound to stop in the first place? ... > anything you wanna play with windows media player is associated to it, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.music)
  • Re: WMP will not play WAV files.
    ... "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. ... Audios with MP3 extension play fine, and so do all video types. ... I have two other computers with the same configuration which play WAV files ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: WMP will not play WAV files.
    ... "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. ... Audios with MP3 extension play fine, and so do all video types. ... Just discovered that WMP also will not play MIDI audio files. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: I get the error: C00D11BB
    ... >>>I have Windows Media Player 9 in Windows XP. ... I tried to play the file ... >>> In the open URL dialog, try opening the file using a different ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)