Re: Can't play DVD's

On 10 Jul, 11:50, Amanda <Ama...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi, my Windows Media Player will not play DVD's anymore, I've obviously done
something.  I get this message "Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video.
You might need to adjust your Windows display settings. Open display settings
in Control Panel, and then try lowering your screen resolution and color
quality settings" - I have tried this but no joy, screen resolution is
already low anyway.  Thanks

Have you got the DVD codecs installed? I can't remember where I got
mine from, but once you have them then this might fix your problem. A
lot of people charge for them but if your PC came with some free DVD
software you should be able to find them there.

It's just a guess. Good luck

  • Re: Regular Account unable to play DVD movie?
    ... "Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. ... Open display settings in Control ... and then try lowering your screen resolution and color quality ...
  • Windows Media PLayer videos
    ... says that i need to adjust windows display settings and try to lower my ... Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Windows Media PLayer
    ... I am trying to play a DVD in my HP Pavilion a1640n tower using the latest version of Windows Media Player -- I get the following message: "Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. ... You might need to adjust your Windows display settings. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Vista WMP 11 error code C00D116A
    ... Windows Media Player cannot play DVD video. ... Open display settings in Control Panel, ... try lowering your screen resolution and color quality settings. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)
  • problem in playing DVD
    ... i am havin this problem with windows media player 10. ... whenever i try to play ... any dvd it tells me to change my display settings. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)