Re: WMP 11 Library no longer shows my music!

That is a good article and well written. I provided feedback using the tool
on the page to point out about renaming the folder and not just deleting the
files. But I have no idea to whom feedback left that way will go.

If they fix the article, it would be an easier-to-understand replacement for
my FAQ and yours on the topic.

Dale

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

Thanks for pointing that article out, I'll chat with them after the holidays
to get them to update that article. I very much appreciate you following up
and providing that extra detail.

-Zach
--
Speaking for myself only.

"Fraptor01" <Fraptor01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
hmm really don't know what I did I went to MS first and found this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925718 and I did what it told me to.
P.S. Thanks for the speedy reply it took forever to find a MS Fourm and
I've
posted on other sites, and im still waiting...

"Dale" wrote:

What do you mean by "cleared the WMP Database"? Renaming or deleting the
files does not solve the problem. You have to, with WMP 11 not running,
rename the folder containing those files.

See
http://www.dalepreston.com/Blog/2007/03/windows-media-player-metadata-backup.html#rebuilding
for help.

Dale

"Fraptor01" wrote:

Hi, I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, and am having
trouble
with Windows Media Player 11. When WMP 11 opens, my music in the
Library is
totally missing, as well as the playlists. I cant edit, add, or play
anything. It says "There are no items in this library yet - the Player
is
searching for digital media files in the background. Click Here to add
files
to the library now." I still have all my music in the My Music Folder
and I
can play them, but they don't add on to the library while they play.
Most of
my files are WMA and some are MP3 and always works with out a problem.
I have done my own troubleshooting, first, I cleared the WMP Database,
and
then I dragged and dropped all my music files in to WMP but had no
effect.
Then I reinstalled WMP 11 from the Microsoft website. Nothing doing. I
still
can't play music from the library and must go through the My Music
Folder.
Please Help!

  • RE: Unusual file access problem
    ... I have the same exact problem since i upgraded to version 10 of this wmp. ... > subdirectories in the Shared Documents folder (All Users ... When she is logged on she can play all the music ... > You do not have permission to access the proxy server. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Play all wont do so...
    ... Windows Media Development Team ... See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ... click the 'Play all' or 'Play selection' link/s in the Common Tasks ... is there a way to keep folder thumbnails there? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.music)
  • Re: WMP 11 Library no longer shows my music!
    ... for not realizing that you are indeed Fraptor. ... See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ... rename the folder containing those files. ... can play them, but they don't add on to the library while they play. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: "Play With Media Player"
    ... The "Play with Media Player" option in the right-click menu shows up in my ... videos folder....not in the music files folder! ... I've tried to repro the problem in my system, and yes, disabling "WMP Play ... I can play the video files in Windows Explorer w/o a problem. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)