Re: WMP 11 Library no longer shows my music!

What else is running? Is Media Center or media sharing running? Are there
any portable devices attached?
Is wmplayer.exe listed in the Processes tab of Task Manager?

--
Speaking for myself only.

"Alex" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I hate to be a annoying but... Mr.Dale's instructions did not work, first,
my
WMP file is listed under C:\Documents and
Settings\Owner.YOUR-A846B26098\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft ,
just a little difffent from his, no big deal, However... when i go to
rename
the folder named Media Player, I get an Error saying Cannot rename Media
Player: Access is Denied, Make sure the disk is not full or
write-protected
and that the file is not currently in use. WMP is closed, the WMP
Taskbar-Toolbar is off, I just don't understand...
-Alex

"Alex" wrote:

Sorry for any confusion, I changed my Screenname, I will have to read
Dale's
instructions again very carefully. I am very afraid of playing with files
deep in my system and it took much time to decide to try the "official"
MS
fix.
By the way, Fraptor01 is my Gaming Handle and I just decided to change
it.
Once again sorry fo any confusion, I figued it whould change the name on
the
other posts as well...
Thanks again!
-Alex

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

In the context of this thread, I don't know who you are nor what your
specific issue is since you are "Alex" and this thread is Fraptor's.
You
should probably either post to the thread you established or make fun
of me
for not realizing that you are indeed Fraptor. My apologies if you are
indeed Fraptor. If you are Fraptor, follow Dale's instructions to
*rename*
the folder that had the WMDB file. That *should* fix you up.

--
Speaking for myself only.
rights.

"Alex" <Alex@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Ok... but my problem is still not solved... and I am not paying for
telephone
tech-support!

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

Thanks for pointing that article out, I'll chat with them after the
holidays
to get them to update that article. I very much appreciate you
following
up
and providing that extra detail.

-Zach
--
Speaking for myself only.
rights.

"Fraptor01" <Fraptor01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
hmm really don't know what I did I went to MS first and found
this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925718 and I did what it told me
to.
P.S. Thanks for the speedy reply it took forever to find a MS
Fourm and
I've
posted on other sites, and im still waiting...

"Dale" wrote:

What do you mean by "cleared the WMP Database"? Renaming or
deleting
the
files does not solve the problem. You have to, with WMP 11 not
running,
rename the folder containing those files.

See
http://www.dalepreston.com/Blog/2007/03/windows-media-player-metadata-backup.html#rebuilding
for help.

Dale

"Fraptor01" wrote:

Hi, I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, and am
having
trouble
with Windows Media Player 11. When WMP 11 opens, my music in
the
Library is
totally missing, as well as the playlists. I cant edit, add, or
play
anything. It says "There are no items in this library yet - the
Player
is
searching for digital media files in the background. Click Here
add
files
to the library now." I still have all my music in the My Music
Folder
and I
can play them, but they don't add on to the library while they
play.
Most of
my files are WMA and some are MP3 and always works with out a
problem.
I have done my own troubleshooting, first, I cleared the WMP
Database,
and
then I dragged and dropped all my music files in to WMP but had
no
effect.
Then I reinstalled WMP 11 from the Microsoft website. Nothing
doing.
still
can't play music from the library and must go through the My
Music
Folder.
Please Help!

  • Re: Playing From an SD Card
    ... I have a new netbook with a solid state C drive of limited space. ... play any song by picking it from the Windows XP file manager. ... It can't be a complexity problem since Windows Media ... Why did you disable this feature in WMP 11? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Media usage rights
    ... The CD has it's own media player MediaMax by Sunncomm International. ... I was trying to play the cd with WMP already open. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Sound Devices
    ... We are trying to play a podcast - and use a streaming media mode to make it responsive - through non-default speakers. ... WMP does that for us - and yes we used to use the registry via the Sound Mapper keys to set the output device in pre-Vista versions of Windows. ... original objective is to play media files through WMP and you want to ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.winapi)
  • Re: Where does playlist come from?
    ... with WMP 10 suddenly not working with WMP 11, media formats that don't work ... licenses for DRM media even if it means the customer loses access to their ... I killed WMP10 and then the download again, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: WMP 11 Library no longer shows my music!
    ... for not realizing that you are indeed Fraptor. ... See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ... rename the folder containing those files. ... can play them, but they don't add on to the library while they play. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)