Re: Knowledge-based problem solving system

I built a Wiki I don't think I ever mentioned to anybody, but that's on my
old dead server. I've thought about doing something like this on the new
server, but a: I haven't had much time and b: it's already doing ~16TB per
month right now, so I'd worry about the server getting slaughtered in a new
scheme.

I've loosely been thinking about reusing this reused in-page-search script--
http://zachd.com/mvc2/fulllist.html
for the WMP data, but I don't know how interesting that would be.

I completely agree that most posts are from people that accidentally bypass
existing gathered knowledge. So while we could refine data over time (which
is generally my net goal here), I'd think any real sustainable fix would
have to involve just pointing people away from any UseNet-based support
system. I personally just don't think it's really sustainable/productive.
=\

As far as branching goes, you could probably actually narrow that down
fairly quickly over time provided you figured out what they wanted. Any
dead-end would ask for a generic set of data which could then be used for
further refinement.... blah blah blah.

An interesting idea.

--
Speaking for myself only.