Re: Media Player 10 used to show the files in my m3u playlists but not

On 19 Apr 2007 21:57:02 -0700, Victag <miketaggart@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Apr 19, 9:30 pm, Mike Poz [MSFT]
<MikePozM...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Victag,

I don't have a web server available to try this out upon, but have you
tried saving the M3U playlist locally and playing it that way?

Also, unless your webserver is also a media server (supporting MMS or RTSP
protocals) you're not actually streaming the files but doing a progressive
download to the IE cache, and that's where WMP is playing the content from.

--
Thanks!
Mike Poz [MSFT]

"Victag" wrote:
I have a bunch of my favorite m3u playlists posted as links on my
website. Each playlist contains multiple mp3 files. With Media
Player 10, when I clicked a link, the m3u would stream and the Now
Playing window would display a list of the mp3 files in the m3u
playlist. Now that I have installed Media Player 11, it only shows
the playlist in Now Playing, and I can not get the mo3 files to
display. This is a pain as I would like to be able to jump to a file
in the playlist by clicking on it as I did with version 10. Any
suggestions?- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, that worked great when I saved it locally, but I still wish I
didn;t have to. Streaming or not, I just like how I can play while it
downloads, but thanks for the info.

It could be a problem with IE. If you use a better browser eg Firefox
and re-try the links, it may hand off to WMP in a different manner.

If that works, try deleting IE's cache to see if there's a problem
with the M3U playlist being stuck in the cache with the wrong MIME
type.

If you could provide a direct link to the playlist, I can check the
MIME type the server's reporting, and cross-check against WMP11 on XP
and Vista to be sure nothing's up.

Cheers - Neil
Digital Media MVP : 2004-2007
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/mvpfaqs

  • Re: WMPlayer 10 freezes up!
    ... Now Playing: "Cabbagetown" by "They Might Be Giants" in Windows Media ... >> been with new media added since the addition of WMP10. ... >>> I had problems installing WMPlayer 10. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Media Centre Slowing Down
    ... Tried loading another CD to the Media Centre whilst an archieved disk was ... playing, and the playing tune slowed down / stopped. ... Does turning off Virus guard have any effect? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: how to get information of a running prog in python
    ... track is currently playing. ... vary depending on media player. ... I am always obfuscated by sort of APIs. ... superprogram able to decipher what an arbitrary other running program ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: What PVR are you using?
    ... playing of encrypted BluRay discs requires use ... I would have built a media PC if SWMBO was not in a hurry to ... If you wish your postings to be seen by ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Live internet radio will not play
    ... troubleshoot a different station that I have been unable to access. ... to the More Options tab under Now Playing, selected Network, chose HTTP ... Browser under the Streaming proxy settings, clicked Configure, then selected ... Can you see the media player visualisations ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)