Re: Automatically restore now playing list after exit

Yes, but I happened to come across this playlist by clicking on "play" once I
start up WMP11 (which brings up last played) and clicking on the drop-down
list (shown as Last Played) above your list of songs (in Now Playing view)
and select "Save Playlist As" which brings up the folder that contains
lastplayed.wpl!

"Dale" wrote:

That's very interesting. Thanks for the tip. It's just too bad that WMP 11
itself doesn't seem to know that tip, huh?

Dale

"chuichi" <chuichi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
I found that you can retrieve the last played playlist here:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Media Player\lastplayed.wpl

Hope this helps!!!

"Dale" wrote:

I have done some testing on this behavior. While some will tell you that
the list is remembered - simply click Play and it will pick up where it
was,
my test results were different.

What Windows Media Player does if you open it anew and click Play is to
randomly generate a new playlist containing a fixed 8 hours worth of
music.
Based on my library, that's usually about 130 to 136 songs - depending on
whether it gets the long version of In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida or not. :)

The Windows Media Player product team chose not to support nearly as much
personalization in WMP 11 as was available in previous versions.

Dale

"Clodoaldo" <Clodoaldo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Unfortunately I´ve got the same problem.

It´s "funny" because it used to work even after I´ve upraged to WMP 11
but
suddenly it stoped to work e WMP don´t restore the now playing list
from
the
previous session anymore.

For me, it sounds like a BUG introduced in the new version!!!

"taylorpd2000" wrote:

Hi,

I've just upgraded to WMP 11 and, while I think it's a worthy upgrade
from
v10, I can't seem to find one of the most useful features of the old
version.

Is there a way to have WMP 11 automatically restore the "Now Playing
List"
from the previous session when it's opened? I don't want to create
WPL
playlists each time I close the player.

Looking in the options I can't see a way to activate this - if someone
could
point me to it, or to a plugin to add this functionality that'd be
great.

I'm using version 11.0.5721.5145.

Thanks

Paul Taylor

  • Re: 0xC00D1197: Cannot play the file
    ... >> WMP 9 for Milleniium will not play any of my Cd's, ... >>Windows Media Player cannot find the specified file. ... Nothing other than a Monitor card ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Using an External Hard Drive
    ... can only reveal on Now Playing the files in one of the folders on E: ... I've been trying for some time to play them using Windows Media Player, ... No Tom E. WMP is open on the Library tab with Playlists and Library ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • 0xC00D1197: Cannot play the file
    ... > WMP 9 for Milleniium will not play any of my Cd's, ... >Windows Media Player cannot find the specified file. ... > Nothing other than a Monitor card ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: Cannot play .wmv on WMP11, Windows Vista but can play in Windo
    ... Realplayer, I'm guessing it must first look at WMP codecs or something, ... "Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. ... play these files, I get the WMP error message, and it will not play either ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Media Player 9 and 10 no longer plays stored or web wmv files
    ... Last week my Windows Media Player 9 stopped playing video links on web sites. ... WMV's will no longer play in Internet Explorer either. ... I can open WMP and play mpegs and avis from my HDD but not wmv. ... Then an error message appears. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)