Re: Subtitles wont go away

Do you have 3rd party subtitle software installed.... ?

--
Windows Media Development Team (speaking for myself only)

"MelloYello" <MelloYello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
WMP v10
When playing DVD movies (I've tried a couple) I cannot make the subtitles
turn off. When I go to "Play - Captions and Subtitles" the feature is
turned
off, and I have tried turning it off through the DVD menu. I have noticed
that if I turn the subitltes on in any of these locations, I get double
subtitles... 2 identical lines at the same time, slightly off-center from
eachother. I also tried the thing in the options window under the
security
tab about "show location captions when present" and that didn't help
either
(was deselected... I selected and no change).

This happens to any DVD I put in the computer.
Any help is much appreciated!

  • Re: Ping Jo Firey
    ... that doesn't put any kind of subtitles on ... DVD so you can do cool stuff with it on the computer, ... translators who do, and I often read their posts on translators' ... I'm still irked by the times they censor the caption when the audio ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: iTunes & DivX (re-hash, i know)
    ... I read the VLC manual on subtitles and decided that it was far ... In VLC, if you're playing a DVD with subs, then it's just a matter of ... I just wish software suppliers would give us manuals. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: convert PAL video to NTSC video
    ... How would you suggest analyzing a DVD? ... The best way to do it is to recode the video with MENCODER. ... In a number of the utilities i have tried for clipping, re-encoding and other video tasks I have found only handbrake provides options for the selection of subtitles. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: Ping Jo Firey
    ... that doesn't put any kind of subtitles on ... DVD so you can do cool stuff with it on the computer, ... Though I haven't worked with subtitles myself, I do know some translators who do, and I often read their posts on translators' forums. ... The news captioning has improved a lot in cases where they just run what was on the teleprompter as caption and forget any ad libs. ...
    (rec.pets.cats.anecdotes)
  • Re: iTunes & DivX (re-hash, i know)
    ... I read the VLC manual on subtitles and decided that it was far ... In VLC, if you're playing a DVD with subs, then it's just a matter of ... DVD Player for me. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)