Re: WMP Command Line arguments

As you may or may not have noticed, WMP10 uses 'physical' playlists now, not
just references inside the library. Simply replace AllMyFavorites with the
path of the playlist file... so "wmplayer.exe /Play c:\foo\bar.wpl" or
whatnot.

"RCTaubert" <RCTaubert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> When I had version 9 I created a new shortcut in the StartUp folder so
> that
> if the computer was restarted for any reason WMP would be restarted play a
> particular playlist. Worked very well.
>
> I have tried the same thing with version 10 and is DOES NOT seem to work.
> WMP restarts, display the proper playlist but DOES NOT start playing any
> music from that playlist.
>
> I am using the following:
>
> "C:Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" /Playlist
> AllMyFavorites
>
> Has anyone come up with a solution to this??

  • Re: Window Media Player 11 features and questions
    ... I would like to know if WMP will ever be able to burn to an external ... 3- Right-click on Playlists and choose Show All. ... Another feature that got left behind was; while playing more than one ... While on the subject of external drives, will there ever be support for ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)
  • Re: Rip a Multi CD Audio Book to Media Player 10 and Sync to MP3 d
    ... WMP 10 creates playlists of the tracks based on file information like ... tracks are consistent and make consistent playlists. ... What can you do in WMP ... folder, or the individual files to either the library or the sync list. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: WMP 11 Deficiency
    ... Like Neil said, it could be coded but even so, you have the problem of user ... for WMP, those require the user to leave the standard UI of WMP to use them. ... Same could be accomplished by creating a "custom" column in all playlists, ... "Custom Column 1". ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)
  • Feedback... Play... View... Sort...
    ... find a place (either within WMP or the WMP website) to post feedback to Media ... it's not trivial when you're making several playlists and then you want to ... want to sort it... ... turn off the paragraph 'dividers' so you can work with and sort simple lists ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)
  • Re: Ripped Files Stored to Unknown Location
    ... though they are saved to My Playlists folder under the My Music folder. ... WMP comes back with "The URL contains a path that is not ... >>> (speaking for myself and doing this in my free time) ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)