Re: error message cood1197

From: Chris Lanier [MVP] (cal2002a_at_hotmail.NOSPAM.com)
Date: 07/27/04

Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:29:50 -0500

Error C00D1197 means nothing at all in terms an a single fix. So you must
provide a whole lot of information about what you are trying to play and
where it is from.

Are you trying to play an Audio CD?
-Please see http://tinyurl.com/2w7km and http://tinyurl.com/3f4j2

Are you trying to play a file on your hard drive?
-What file format? (Ex. AVI, MPG, MP3, WMA)
-Where did you get the file from?
-Does the file(s) play in mplayer2.exe?
-Does this only occur with a few of the files or all of them?
-What version of WMP & what OS do you have?

Are you trying to play a file on web?
-See if
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/playererrors.aspx#c00d1197_0x00000000
helps.
-What's the _exact_ link to it?
-What do your Network settings look like in WMP?
-Does this only occur with a few links?
-Does it play in mplayer2.exe?
-What version of WMP & what OS do you have?
-Do you have a firewall?

Are you trying to play a attachment from your e-mail?
-What file format? (Ex. AVI, MPG, MP3, WMA)
-Have you saved the file to your hard drive?
-Does the file(s) play in mplayer2.exe?
-Does this only occur with a few of the files or all of them?
-What version of WMP & what OS do you have?

Are you trying to play something in a different manor?
-I haven't learn to read minds, so you have got to provide that.

--
NOTE: Replies are to help benefit others
in helping you and reproducing issues, not
message@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i need your help in fixing error message cood1197 on my media player 9
series. im using op system windows xp professional. error message comes as
"error oxcood1197=cannot play file". i can't seem to play any videos from
the net.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: WMP 11 crashes IE7 when playing streaming videos?
    ... See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ... The symptoms are that after about 15 seconds of play an error message pops ... Streaming video files that don't use WMP all play correctly. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: WMP 11 on winXP - cant play mp3, wav or .asx
    ... Do you get this error message on all MP3s, ... Are other file types, such as WMA and WAV, ... Upgrading the DRM components might help: close all web browsers and WMP. ... When I try to play any mp3s I get the error, "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia)
  • Re: WMP Suddenly Wont Recognize Many Files in Rip Folder
    ... to play one of the non-working songs? ... This morning, WMP recognizes and will play only those CDs in A thru D. WindowsExplorer indicates that all folders, A thru M, are still in the rip folder and filled with content. ... an error message something like "Delayed Write Error ... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: missing codecs
    ... specifically when clicking on the link on the left to get to all the 'WMP 10 ... information about what codecs are missing. ... help all I get to see is a long message with an 'error message number'? ... I try to play them again I can get the exact error message number in order to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
  • Re: C00D109B Error Message
    ... Guide To Error's C00D109A, C00D109B, And C00D109C In WMP ... >> I am receiving an error message when I try to play a music video. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)