Re: error message cood1197

From: Chris Lanier [MVP] (cal2002a_at_hotmail.NOSPAM.com)
Date: 07/27/04

Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 11:29:50 -0500

Error C00D1197 means nothing at all in terms an a single fix. So you must
provide a whole lot of information about what you are trying to play and
where it is from.

Are you trying to play an Audio CD?
-Please see http://tinyurl.com/2w7km and http://tinyurl.com/3f4j2

Are you trying to play a file on your hard drive?
-What file format? (Ex. AVI, MPG, MP3, WMA)
-Where did you get the file from?
-Does the file(s) play in mplayer2.exe?
-Does this only occur with a few of the files or all of them?
-What version of WMP & what OS do you have?

Are you trying to play a file on web?
-See if
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/9series/player/playererrors.aspx#c00d1197_0x00000000
helps.
-What's the _exact_ link to it?
-What do your Network settings look like in WMP?
-Does this only occur with a few links?
-Does it play in mplayer2.exe?
-What version of WMP & what OS do you have?
-Do you have a firewall?

Are you trying to play a attachment from your e-mail?
-What file format? (Ex. AVI, MPG, MP3, WMA)
-Have you saved the file to your hard drive?
-Does the file(s) play in mplayer2.exe?
-Does this only occur with a few of the files or all of them?
-What version of WMP & what OS do you have?

Are you trying to play something in a different manor?
-I haven't learn to read minds, so you have got to provide that.

--
NOTE: Replies are to help benefit others
in helping you and reproducing issues, not
message@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i need your help in fixing error message cood1197 on my media player 9
series. im using op system windows xp professional. error message comes as
"error oxcood1197=cannot play file". i can't seem to play any videos from
the net.