Re: HTTP push request is not compatible...

From: Neil Smith [MVP Digital Media] (neil_at_nospam.com)
Date: 11/23/04

Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 00:09:47 GMT

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 10:11:03 -0800, Sergio Grado
<SergioGrado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>This is what I get in the Encoder:
>
>The Server service that received the HTTP push request is not a compatible
>version of Windows Media Services (WMS). This error may indicate the push
>request was received by IIS insted of WMS. Ensure WMS is started and has the
>HTTP Server control protocol properly enable and try again (0xc00d2f0C)

These "aren't the droids you're looking for". This on the other hand,
is : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/268585/EN-US/

Cheers - Neil

>I have windows server 2003 enterprise with the windows media services. I
>want use the live broadcast... Can someone please help me :) Step by step
>if possible.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Migrating WMS to another server
    ... server to another server ... I need to migrate my Windows Media Services to another server. ... changing the location of all my .wmv files in each publishing ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.server)
  • Re: Windows Media Server error
    ... I changed the Windows Media Server service account to a domain account which ... run Windows Media Services is access denied. ... you set to run Windows Media Services has enough permission. ...
  • Error: Library not registered.
    ... Windows Media Services on Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition. ... Used RegMon to try and identify the CLSID of the unregistered components ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.server)
  • RE: problem of setting up WMS
    ... especially after you have done a clean re-installation. ... your Windows Media Server? ... Windows media services as a warning or error? ... >> Windows Media Services in the Windows Media Services ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.server)
  • HTTP push request is not compatible...
    ... The Server service that received the HTTP push request is not a compatible ... request was received by IIS insted of WMS. ... I have windows server 2003 enterprise with the windows media services. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.encoder)