Re: Office Mac 2008

The answer is yes to all three things you suggested with no change. The only
thing so far that does correct it is to set the firewall to "allow all
incoming connections".

Steve

"CyberTaz" wrote:

Have you fully updated Office 2008 since installing?

Is your flavor of OS X fully updated?

Have you repaired disk permissions & restarted the Mac?

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 11/13/09 4:39 PM, in article
08B779FB-7FE7-44D9-B9CF-A7569B6E5D7B@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "steeveeg"
<steeveeg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tried that. It still brings up the message every time you launch and Office
application.

"K.B." wrote:

In the firewall settings, remove all the entries for the Office apps.

Then open each app and when it asks you, choose Allow or Deny (whichever you
want).

See if that fixes it.

-Kevin

On 11/12/09 8:39 PM, in article
9F8DF191-6D40-4B28-AFE5-7E7453DC8864@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "steeveeg"
<steeveeg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just installed Office Mac 2008 and every time I open either Word, Excel or
Entourage I get the message "do you want to allow incoming network
connections?. In the security setting under "firewall" all the office
applications are set to allow incoming connections. So how do I stop this
message from constantly appearing every time I open an office application?

Steve