Re: Entourage Sound Sets

"Cody Williams" wrote:

Is it possible for me to download and install a new sound set(s) to Entourage

There were changes to the way Entourage uses sounds in Entourage 2008. See
this page for help.

A user recently posted the following. I haven¹t checked it against the link.
I use custom sounds in rules rather than use the general alert sounds. See
Rule to Play Sound

Rule to Play Sound <>
========user posted steps=========
I create a folder in the Entourage sounds folder called
"sound_1.eradgesoundset", i call it sound_1 but it can be what you want. The
important thing is the .eradgesounset.

I put in this folder my sounds, for example :

No Mail.aiff
New Mail.aiff
Mail Sent.aiff
Mail Fetch Error.aiff

You can put in what you want, mp3, aiff or wav.

Then i created a file with BBedit call :

This file must be in the "sound_1.eradgesoundset" folder with yout own

This file look like this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
<plist version="1.0">
<string>My soundset</string>
<string>Mail Fetch Error.aiff</string>
<string>Mail Sent.aiff</string>
<string>New Mail.aiff</string>
<string>No Mail.aiff</string>

the "<string></string&gt
you can put what you want here between the open strings.

the <string>My soundset</string>, can be what u want to and also nothing.

Then Open Entourage and select your new soundset in the menu.

Hope this help

(Note the Office newsgroup messages have not been showing up for users that
use a newsreader. This problem happened around Sept 24. Your questions are
not being ignored. We just can't see them.)

Ask your questions using Entourage's newsreader.