Re: Entourage Sound Sets

"Cody Williams" wrote:

Is it possible for me to download and install a new sound set(s) to Entourage
2008?

There were changes to the way Entourage uses sounds in Entourage 2008. See
this page for help.

<http://fuzzyco.com/news/geekery/converting_or_creating_sound_sets_for_entou
rage_2008.html>

<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/soundsets.html>

A user recently posted the following. I haven¹t checked it against the link.
I use custom sounds in rules rather than use the general alert sounds. See
Rule to Play Sound

Rule to Play Sound <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/rules/sounds.html>
========user posted steps=========
I create a folder in the Entourage sounds folder called
"sound_1.eradgesoundset", i call it sound_1 but it can be what you want. The
important thing is the .eradgesounset.

I put in this folder my sounds, for example :

welcome.wav
soundset.plist
No Mail.aiff
reminder.wav
New Mail.aiff
Mail Sent.aiff
Mail Fetch Error.aiff
goodbye.wav

You can put in what you want, mp3, aiff or wav.

Then i created a file with BBedit call :

"soundset.plist"

This file must be in the "sound_1.eradgesoundset" folder with yout own
sounds.

This file look like this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd
<http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd>">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SoundSetFileFormatVersion</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>SoundSetUserString</key>
<string>My soundset</string>
<key>SoundSetURL</key>
<string>http://www.officeformac.com</string&gt
<http://www.officeformac.com</string&gt>;
<key>SoundFile_MailError</key>
<string>Mail Fetch Error.aiff</string>
<key>SoundFile_MailSent</key>
<string>Mail Sent.aiff</string>
<key>SoundFile_NewMail</key>
<string>New Mail.aiff</string>
<key>SoundFile_NoMail</key>
<string>No Mail.aiff</string>
<key>SoundFile_Reminder</key>
<string>reminder.wav</string>
<key>SoundFile_Welcome</key>
<string>welcome.wav</string>
</dict>
</plist>

------------------------------------

the "<string>http://www.officeformac.com</string&gt
<http://www.officeformac.com</string&gt>;"
you can put what you want here between the open strings.

the <string>My soundset</string>, can be what u want to and also nothing.

Then Open Entourage and select your new soundset in the menu.

Hope this help

--
Diane

(Note the Office newsgroup messages have not been showing up for users that
use a newsreader. This problem happened around Sept 24. Your questions are
not being ignored. We just can't see them.)

Ask your questions using Entourage's newsreader.
<http://www.entourage.mvps.org/support_options/subnews.html>)

  • Re: Want to download IMAP emails onto my computer.
    ... Create your own script if you have a few selected folders you use all the ... This version simply moves to folder!To Add. ... you view this message using a newsreader, you will be able to copy paste ... tell application "Microsoft Entourage" ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Adding rules for email
    ... I tried to do this in Entourage and found ... POP Rules act on a message ONLY when it first arrives in the Inbox (On My ... NOT when it arrives in any other folder. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Missing sent email - Entourage 2004 connected to MS Exchange Server 2003
    ... I see now from the subject it's Exchange. ... You need to determine if the problem is her Identity, her User folder, base ... No version of Entourage auto archives mail. ... or accessing the mail server via the web interface. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Entourage versus Thunderbird versus Mail
    ... things as examples off the top of my head, but rest assured, there ... Mail has no smart mailing list manager like there is in Entourage. ... For some silly reason, Mail dumps IMAP messages in the same Inbox as POP and all other IMAP messages, making it so that you'll never know which messages actually reside on a given server as opposed to POP messages already deleted from their respective server. ... But what *really* sucks about this is rather than simply detecting the difference and adjusting to it, Mail creates a *new* folder with that default name on the server and places sent messages into the new folder. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Lost emails and address book
    ... Data folder or Office 2008 Identities folder in the trash? ... Entourage expects the folder to be in your Documents folder. ... search for "Microsoft User Data" (without the ... You do not want to use Time Machine to backup your data. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)