Re: 2008 upgrade didn't remove 2004

Don't drag it to the Trash - Run the Remove Office utility from the
additional Tools folder of 2004 or 2008. Alternatively you can run it from
the install disk.

Are you certain you installed 2008 an *upgrade* package rather than from a
new full retail package?

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac