Re: receiving virus messages on word 2004 for mac documents in Entourage

weil052061@xxxxxxxxx <jweil@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

The virus Exploit-1Table was found in eHGT_transplant ad.doc.
The attachment eHGT_transplant ad.doc was removed.

anyone have any ideas. i've already contacted apple with no luck.

Well, this is a Trojan horse for Office for WIndows:
<http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_128428.htm>
Either it was already in a file you had on your Mac and you forwarded
it, or it was send by another computer which then spoofed your e-mail
address as the sender's address (and that's why you received the
notification.

It is my understanding that this Troyan cannot do a thing on a Mac.
Entourage cannot get "infected" and start sending it over to various
people, so if you didn't send the corresponding Word document, chances
are it didn't actually come from you.

Entourage doesn't support any kind of VB script anyway, so even if you
wanted to, you couldn't infect it with any of these,

Corentin

--
--- Mac:MS MVP http://www.cortig.net/wordpress/ ---
http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

  • Re: Entourage version didnt change
    ... gets updated inside Entourage. ... Well I can't since I sure didn't want to take the slightest chance and ... problems with the SyncServices that were afflicting my Mac so far. ... MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: TMS 4.x
    ... I'm currently using TMS 4.0 on my Mac and it works like a charm with ... Entourage 2004 and my Clié. ... MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: receiving virus messages on word 2004 for mac documents in Entourage
    ... It is my understanding that this Troyan cannot do a thing on a Mac. ... Entourage doesn't support any kind of VB script anyway, ... wanted to, you couldn't infect it with any of these, ... MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office)
  • Re: Microsoft Exchange Server
    ... Strangely I quit Safari, shut it completely down, and Entourage is ... Then when my Mac is sitting in-active for a few ... MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)
  • Re: Entourage for Exchange2003
    ... > I have 1 Mac OS10.2 with entourage and am looking for instructions on how to ... > I have been unable to get the mac to see the exchange imap server thru the ... What version of Entourage do you have ?? ... MVPs are not MS employees - Les MVP ne travaillent pas pour MS ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage)