Re: Pasting text from docx to doc files

As to this particular point;

On 10/3/08 6:59 PM, in article askme-B54B9D.15590903102008@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
"Posterizer" <askme@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

When I say images, I'm referring mostly to charts created in Excel or
tables created in Word. These often are already placed into other Word
documents, and have multiple elements grouped together. Can I Insert
these given that they're in documents already as opposed to stand-alone
files on my hard disk (eg, like a jpg file would be)?

It depends on a number of factors as to how well copy/paste works for charts
& tables, but should be OK in most cases... IOW, as long as the element,
itself, isn't already corrupt when you copy it :-) Your comment that they
can't be *Inserted* into one document if stored as an object in another is
quite correct, and for tables there aren't many other options. For charts
you might try Control/Right-Clicking, choose Save As Picture, then pick a
format. Insert the resulting JPEG, PNG, etc.

Regards |:>)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

  • Re: Large Word Document
    ... > hyperlink, charts, pictures and a lot of text ... > to copy the pictures from which are all error free. ... > Why does it get corrupt? ...
  • Excel creates its own hidden charts that creates a corrupt file!
    ... Excel 2000 creates charts of its own which only ... causing that instance of Excel to crash because the file is corrupt. ... There is only one pre-existing chart in my program and I have seen Excel ...
    (microsoft.public.office.misc)
  • Re: Saved a file but now shows zero bytes - NEWBIE()
    ... > I Saved a JPG file in PhotoShop format (the JPG had been converted by ... > others so I know it is not corrupt), but now the properties say zero ... > Sarah. ...
    (comp.graphics.apps.photoshop)