Re: Will Templates/Documents Created In Word X For Mac Function In Word 08

John McGhie wrote:
Hi Phillip:
-------------------------snip-------------------------

Several major Mac Publications, and internet news outfits think that
possibly 2008 will be the last Office Product offered for the Mac.

They're wrong. We're working on the next version now. That's what we (the
MVPs) are all doing in Redmond this week.

Cheers

I hope so Its not the last . But who knows for sure other than Mr Gates or his Surragote.
Martinsville Va 24112 |pjones@xxxxxxxxxxxx, ICQ11269732, AIM pjonescet

If it's "fixed", don't "break it"!

mailto:pjones@xxxxxxxxxxxx

<http://www.vpea.org>

  • Word 2008 Files marked "Read-ONly" after a single save to the network
    ... Her Mac is joined to our domain, and she's logging on with her domain credentials. ... She's saving the files on our Win2k3 file server, and nothing untoward seems up with the file permissions on the server. ... John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word), Consultant Technical Writer, ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Word Cross-Platform Issues
    ... I said "Word:Mac 2008" is inadequate for commercial work! ... Which is why I included instructions for setting your Mac up the way I have ... This email is my business email -- Please do not email me about forum ... John McGhie, Microsoft MVP, Consultant Technical Writer, ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: What have I done???
    ... The Notebook Mouse for Mac is new, I have not seen that one before. ... John McGhie wrote: ... [MVP] ... the option to open at login. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Office 2008 12.2.1 Update failed
    ... Mac Pro and my MacBook. ... John McGhie wrote: ... Now the Office 2008 install should run without protest. ... John McGhie, Microsoft MVP (Word, Mac Word), Consultant Technical Writer, ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Distressed with PDF linking out of Word 2008
    ... John McGhie wrote: ... should remain a problem to fix. ... We certainly sweated blood in the development sessions at Redmond ... I expect that Microsoft people will get laid off and features will get cut. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)