Pages '08 opens Word 2007 documents
- From: Clive Huggan <REMOVETHISoffice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 16:05:08 +1000
As reported on:
For anyone who hasn't been following, the background is: [Windows] Office
2007 introduced a new file format, Office Open XML, which Office 2004 for
the Mac doesn't support. Until the release of Pages '08 this week, you
couldn't open Word 2007 [for Windows] documents on the Mac unless you used
the beta converter at www.mactopia.com (see "Quick downloads" column at
right) or bought the latest version of MacLink Plus (www.dataviz.com).
I don't know how successfully Pages '08 converts the more complex types of
Word formatting. And I don't know how well it subsequently allows you to
export to Word 2004.
One catch: the Apple site says iWork needs OS 10.4.10 and QuickTime 7.2
(which have not been without their share of problems for some users of
Microsoft Office). A [possible] slight variation:
F0C633C4.html reports "Mac OS X 10.4.9 Tiger and QuickTime 7.2 required".
Anyone have more details/clarifications/conclusions?
(My time zone is 5-11 hours different from North America and Europe, so my
follow-on responses to those regions can be delayed)
Avoid long delays before your post appears -- use Entourage or newsreader
software -- see http://word.mvps.org/Mac/AccessNewsgroups.html
- Prev by Date: Re: Indenting in Word 2004
- Next by Date: Re: Pages '08 opens Word 2007 documents
- Previous by thread: Document Title Property wont stay
- Next by thread: Re: Pages '08 opens Word 2007 documents