Re: JPGs from PC won't display on Mac
- From: "Jason Andersen [MSFT]" <Jason.Andersen.MACBU@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 14:34:43 -0700
That seems very unusual. What version of Windows Office are you using on
your PC at work? Since you state your version to be 2004, I assume you are
saving out as a ppt file format.
Here are a few things to try.
1. Does the JPG open up ok when you insert it directly into Mac Powerpoint?
If it does, the problem is in the conversion from Windows to Mac.
If it doesn't open with direct insertion on Mac Powerpoint, does it open
up ok in Preview.app from the Finder? If not, the JPG file can't be read by
the Mac OS (it is probably corrupted in some way that isn't affected by
2. Can you open the JPG files up in Windows Picture Viewer on the PC? What
happens if you save the image as a different file format (such as PNG), and
then insert it into WinPPT and bring it to your Mac?
Also, would you be able to send me the JPGs you are using? You can send them
JasonDOTAndersenDOTMACBUATNOSPAMDOTmicrosoftDOTcom (remove the NOSPAM and
convert the DOTs to "." and the AT to @)
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
<Suz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger)
I added several JPGs to a PPT presentation from my PC at work and when I
view on my Mac at home all the JPGs show up as black boxes. Help!
- Prev by Date: Re: Pictures are Blurry on a PC
- Next by Date: Re: Can't get rid of shadows
- Previous by thread: Re: How do I animate only the selected text?
- Next by thread: Re: Can't get rid of shadows