PowerPoint Temp files

I hope someone can help with a small but niggling problem.

I use PowerPoint in Office v.X, under OSX 10.4.9. My installation of
Office is updated to 10.1.9 (I believe this means I'm up to date).

When using PowerPoint, it creates a series of 'PowerPoint Temp' files,
sequentially numbered, in the folder where I'm saving the working
document to. The series of Temp files seems to correspond to one new one
being created each time I save the file itself.

These Temp files should (I believe) be deleting themselves, and not be
left hanging about. Instead, I find I have to delete them manually.

This is a relatively new behaviour, and didn't happen in the past, but I
can't put a finger on any change (e.g. an Office update) that introduced
it.

Can anybody suggest how I can put this right?

Thanks in advance,

Gareth.

--
From Gareth John
Please pull out the plug if you want to reply by email

  • Re: sending word doc to powerpoint freezes computer
    ... even a new system can end up with a *lot* of temp files really fast. ... would reboot again, open PowerPoint and Word both, and try the Send to again ... > the last time I tried to send a word doc to powerpoint, ... I had to manually reboot the system again. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: How do the experts clean up ......
    ... Microsoft Most Valuable Professional (MVP PowerPoint) ... ccleaner does more than cleanup; ... Manually have a look around your hard disk... ... I wonder how the experts delete temp files. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: PowerPoint Temp files
    ... I use PowerPoint in Office v.X, under OSX 10.4.9. ... These Temp files should be deleting themselves, ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.powerpoint)
  • Re: PowerPoint generating thousands of TMP files
    ... Software/drive updates ... Virus scan ... PowerPoint does make temp files, but that many is just plain silly. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)
  • Re: Vulnerability issues with installation of security update kb96
    ... No word on whether the failure to update the file actually represents an exploitable vulnerability or not, although my best guess is that it doesn't. ... powerpoint viewer 2003). ... system in question also has the latest update for powerpoint on it ... viewer seems to be part of the normal installation of powerpoint. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)